How do I start a blog?
If you looked up “How do I start a blog?” Then you are exactly where you need to be. In this post, I’ll talk about the various considerations and decisions you need to make when starting a blog..
- What are your reasons for blogging? You have to decide what you are blogging for. Is it for fun or profit? When chasing visitors to your blog, what do you want when they arrive? Maybe you just write, that’s good, blogging can be absolutely therapeutic in a way.
- Decide what you want to blog about? Knowing why you’re blogging will help you understand and decide what you want to blog about. What you are blogging about is also determined by the people you are trying to talk to. You can blog about breaking news, viral videos, or controversial topics. You can stick to a specific topic, such as: B. Car Repairs or How to Get a Six-Pack. By staying consistent on a topic, you can gain credibility and be considered an expert in your field. Product reviews are also a good thing to blog about.
SHOULD I START A FREE BLOG OR PAID BLOG?
Free blogs are everywhere on the web, just do a web search and you’ll find them. Some examples are blogger.com and WordPress.com. Well, with most things in life, free is not really free. Your blog will not be your own, the domain will be like pin4profit.wordpress.com, so you have the same domain name as many others. If you are looking for money, most free services do not allow you to advertise on their websites.
Free blogging services are not the best option but are an easy way to dip your feet into the water.
BENEFIT’S OF A PAID BLOG
For a paid blog, you’ll need to pay for your domain and hosting. You will then own the blog yourself and therefore have more control over the blog when trying to make money. You can not advertise in many free blogs.
The Cheapest and Best Platform that I use is NAMECHEAP. I pay less than $30 a year for my domain name and web hosting plus I get the FREE WP App (WordPress free plug-in that allows you to create your website and write posts on). Take a look at all options and see which special offers you can get. Namecheap even has a simple one-click installation of WordPress in your new hosted domain!
GET YOUR DOMAIN NAME
Now you need to register a domain name (this is the actual name of your website / blog). Domains start at only .88 but can go up to thousands. You can use NAMECHEAP to register your domain name. The better known domain names usually cost more. For example, you would of course have no chance to buy the domain cnn.com, but you could buy mynameisjohnsmithfromusa would be pretty cheap, no matter how strange. A nice simple option at startup is to choose names like yourfirstnameandlastname.com or something catchy that people will remember.
You can change the domain name at any time later or create multiple links to the same website. For example, you may have three domain names, but you may be able to find all the names on the same website when you enter one of them. However, this is just the beginning of your blogging journey!
The next things to focus on are traffic and content.
When you add something to your blog, you want people to read or watch it. This is where traffic comes into play. If you want your blog to succeed, you need to learn to get traffic. There are many options here, depending on your expertise and budget. Basically, the traffic can be divided into free and paid traffic.
Free traffic includes..
• Search engine traffic,
• Social media traffic (Pinterest,Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Forum contributions
• Article marketing
All of these topics themselves could be the themes of your pages and articles.
Paid traffic includes..
• PPC advertising (pay-per-click), For example, the little ads you see at the top of every Google search.
• Solo ads: pay someone with a large list of email subscribers to email them and tell them about your blog.
• Banner advertising – You are buying an ad space on a website for a certain period of time, ex. for 1 to 6 month’s.
Once you have your site up and running you need to start posting relevant content in the form of articles, pictures or videos. For ideas on what to write about check out current trending videos at YouTube.com/charts, news sites like CNN.com or simply check out Google search news.
So I hope this has given you a basic overview of the actions required to get started and answered the old question “how do I start a blog”.
WANT MORE..SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE.
P.S.-IF YOU FOUND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL..PLEASE SHARE IT.